Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Laugh Cafe - Hoi An

• katyd

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2008
    Location Australia

Posted from within Vietnam.

42 Tran Cao Van St (opposite the large Phuoc An Hotel)
    Great food, friendly staff, cheap prices, informative cooking class in which you can choose your own meals. I ate here 3 times and did a cooking class during the time I was in Hoi An and found every meal great value. Hong, the female chef was particularly lovely and friendly.
    The clay pots are excellent, and their white rose was much better than we had elsewhere.

Also associated with Make A Difference Inc - www.umad.org

#1 Posted: 16/12/2008 - 21:32

• Advertisement

• braunp

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2006

A great spot - not on the usual tourist circuit -- so better value for money than most. The food is fantastic and everything is cooked fresh in the tiny kitchen.
    Fresh beer is popular in Vietnam but, all to often, is flat and insipid. The fresh beer at Laugh Cafe was excellent. Not just once - but all week!
    Fresh beer is low alcohol so you can drink a lot of it. Fortunately it only costs 4000 dong (around US$0.25).

#2 Posted: 3/1/2009 - 11:29

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I thought the Laugh was great too (March '09) - I've featured it on my blog - see pictures here:
    http://sea2009.travellerspoint.com/12/

#3 Posted: 23/3/2009 - 06:01

• braunp

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2006

Update:
    Laugh Cafe has moved. It is now at 126 Tran Cao Van. The same street but 250 metres from the old location. It moved because the new home has moe bedrooms. It can now help more young people looking for training and help to get a better job.

#4 Posted: 15/8/2009 - 10:02

• LaughCafe

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2011

The address posted at the head of this forum is wrong.
    Laugh Cafe Restaurant moved 2 years ago to:
    126 Tran Cao Van.
    As the previous poster mentioned we aim to assist young Vietnamese people (17 to 27) looking to gain skills and experience in the hospitality industry.Young people gravitate to Hoi An as a tourist centre. Without experience they as usually offered menial jobs. We provide training in English, kitchen management, basic accounting, cooking skills, and presentation and service skills as well as giving our trainees the opportunity to actually run the restaurant. We provide accommodation for our trainees as well as a living wage.

#5 Posted: 28/2/2011 - 16:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.