Flag of Vietnam additions

Vietnam additions forum

Lanterns Restaurant and Cooking Classes - Nha Trang

• LanternsVie-
    tnam

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my email,

I am the owner of Lanterns Vietnamese Restaurant & Cooking Classes and ask that you please come and inspect our place so it can be listed on your website, please.

We are located:

Lanterns Vietnamese Restaurant & Cooking Classes
    72 Nguyen Thien Thuat Street
    Nha Trang , VIETNAM
    Ph: (058) 2471 674
    Email: robertcostabile@optusnet.com.au

We have been operating for about 15 months and recently commenced half day cooking classes for visitors to Nha Trang at a cost of $14 USD per person. It is a great experience of travelling to the local market, buying food and then preparing 3 dishes as chosen by the guests. We also provide a small recipe book at the completion of the tour, as a memento and keepsake.

We are also keen to differentiate ourselves from all the other dining places in Nha Trang and give the customer a unique Vietnamese experience.

One area is, we are strongly supporting 2 local orphanages. I spent 2 months travelling through Nha Trang & Vietnam & spent a lot of my time with the children at orphanages. As a result, I am trying to give back to these kids, by teaching them life skills and how the real world operates, outside of the usual visits and photo opportunity.

That’s where the idea from lanterns came. We invite kids and their careers to each at least one day per month, but any time they wish to come. We encourage the schools/orphanages to allow the older kids to gain work experience at our place and meet the people who visit Vietnam first hand, in a friendly helpful environment.

One thing I am strongly committed to, is making sure the kids are not exploited in any way and nothing is ever done without discussing it & getting approval from the carers involved.

I am looking for your assistance in helping raise awareness for the kids and our restaurant, so that visitors to Vietnam & especially Nha Trang, can help in their small way, if they feel the need to.

Our restaurant is a modest one, to begin with, but I am hoping as we build, we can offer even greater financial support to the kids at the 2 orphanages and hopefully make it our small way of helping those less fortunate than myself.

I would love to find out if there is anything we can do to include something about us in the next Vietnam or Nha Trang update you do on your website and you are welcome to come eat at our place and please try our cooking class, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised by what we offer!!

Thanks & Kind Regards

Robert Costabile

Edit by Somtam2000 3 April 2010: Lanterns has just completed renovations and has increased the price of their cooking class to $18 per person.

#1 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 11:08

• Advertisement

• Gweedoman76

Joined Travelfish
    18th August, 2009

I just returned from Nha Trang about 2 weeks ago after finding this information on Travelfish. I highly recommend if anyone is in Nha Trang to do this class. It is such good fun. The chef made the day really enjoyable. The market was an eye opener and it is such good value for money. They really let you get involved in the cooking side of it. We were a group of 4 single guys, so to cook a proper meal was something different for us. Yes our mums are proud and amazed :) We ended up eating there for most of our 5 night stay. Guy

#2 Posted: 19/8/2009 - 18:40

• ChuckCable

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2009

Thank you. We will be in NT on October 18 to 20. Perhaps we can have dinner or lunch there, depending upon the tour arrangements for us. We'll be staying at the Hoang Dang Hotel.

Hope to see you!

#3 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 06:19

• LanternsVie-
    tnam

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

**** ChuckCable, it would be our absolute pleasure to see you at Lanterns. We are a small modest restaurant but I am very proud of teh food we prepare and serve to our customers and the work we do with the local orphanages. Would love to see you, please contact me if you require any additional information on Nha Trang or Vietnam. Have a great trip, robert

#4 Posted: 2/9/2009 - 08:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cooking classes c ... By morganmontana on 9 Jul 2006 5 4002 19 Jul 2006
cooking classes ... By Yun on 8 Nov 2008 4 2008 17 Nov 2008
Chiang Mai - Cooking Classes ... By chocolatemonkee on 19 Jan 2009 20 3244 5 Feb 2009
Best cooking schools / classes? ... By Moonbear on 12 Mar 2011 0 2892 12 Mar 2011
Cooking Classes in Chang Mai ... By pjh_2509 on 5 Apr 2006 1 2033 6 Apr 2006
Cooking classes in Samui area ... By dgwcooper on 10 Sep 2009 1 1533 10 Sep 2009
Cooking classes Yangon or Bagan ... By tazzalenghe on 17 Nov 2010 1 3358 6 Aug 2011
Grandma's Thai Recipes Restaurant and Cooking School, Chiang Mai ... By Jib on 25 Feb 2009 0 3105 25 Feb 2009