Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

How far in advance can i get a Thai Tourist Visa?

Posted by frankie_w on 27/5/2010 at 20:12

Hello guys,

This is my first post so please be nice :-) I have tried looking through the many posts on visas but haven't found what i'm looking for...

I am setting off on my 'round the world' trip in September (woohoo!) and will get to SE Asia in February. I have already decided on the double entry tourist visa for Thailand as i will be doing the usual by landing in Bangkok and travelling overland to the surrounding countries and then back into Thailand again. Seems to take any hassle off with not having an outbound flight within 30 days etc. Anyway, my question is when can I get this visa? I'd love to have it all sorted before I leave in September but is this too far in advance as it won't be used until like 5 months later?

Thanks peeps (and thanks for all the great info on this site - i now don't need a guide book as this site is far better than any book i've looked at :-) )
xoxo

#1 frankie_w has been a member since 28/4/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by SBE on 28/5/2010 at 02:33

A Thai tourist visa has to be used within 90 days of issue so 5 months is too far ahead of time.

You can get one in any Thai consulate though, doesn't have to be in your home country.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,004
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.