Visas and border crossings forum

Where should I get passport pages before I leave for SE ASia?

• TennisHaus

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

I have one page left on my passport, not including the amendments pages at the back. I thought some people here would know where to get pages for less than $60 in two weeks. I leave Aug 5th for Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand.
    TIA

#1 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 10:31

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

For starters, it probably depends on what passport you are travelling on. I did a quick google as I was curious - I didn't even realise you could get pages.

Here is one site that I came across for US citizens:
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds4085/ds4085_2662.html

#2 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 10:36

• TennisHaus

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

Thanks for the link. I found that site, but was hoping I could get it done for less than $82 plus fees. Im a US citizen and I am in Lost Angeles.
    TIA

#3 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 11:15

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

If you come to Thailand first you can get it done at the embassy in Chiang Mai. You have to make an appointment online though. I think they only do it on Tues or Thurs. It only took me about 45 minutes last year. I forget what it cost but it didn't seem to me to be that much.

#4 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 17:55

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I thought this thread was interesting, because as much as I travel I've still never filled up all the pages in a passport.

If the US Consulate in Chiang Mai was able to do this for neosho, then I figured the American Citizen Services section of any US mission overseas should be able to assist you too. The US Embassy Bangkok website says they can do this for you while you wait, but it also says that the cost is $82. The link to that info is: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/extra_visa_pages.html. Same cost of $82 for extra visa pages at the US Consulate in HCMC. That link is: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/passports.html

The bummer is you'll definitely need those extra pages if you plan on visiting more than one country like you are. The Thai Consulate in LA's website, for example, says that to get even the free visa exemption on arrival at the airport, you need to have at least 6 months left on your passport and empty visa pages (plural). It seems that for every visa or border crossing you'll need at least one available page. Sorry about the really high cost of those extra pages, but it looks like you are stuck. Sorry about that. Good luck.

#5 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 04:47

• TennisHaus

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

Thanks for the replies and help. I have traveled a lot and fulled the book, Im very lucky. I was able to play professional tennis for a few years.
    I think I will get the book filled before I leave, which will cost more than i want to spend.
    Has anyone filled their book and got this done in a fast manner. I need it done by Aug 5th, 2010.
    TIA

#6 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 10:18

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

Whenever I was in the states and needed a visa and such, I have used a service called americanpassport.com. Forms are downloadable (is that a word?):)Anyway, you can Fedex everything and it's quick. I'm from Missouri so there aren't many embassys around.

#7 Posted: 21/7/2010 - 07:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Passport pages added in Hanoi ... By TennisHaus on 27 Jul 2010 2 1770 27 Jul 2010
Can I travel around Thailand, while I leave my passport at the embassy? ... By suswati37 on 26 Dec 2010 10 3996 3 Jan 2011