Visas and border crossings forum

visas

• lanamike

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

hey guys me and my partner are going to kuala lumpar, hong kong, singapore, bali, sri lanka,thailand, laos, vietnam and cambodia for 6 months then austrailia to try and work what countries as above do i need a visa to enter for and how much are they each?? would appreciate any advice as we are going in 4 weeks.
    thanks guys, mike and leanne

#1 Posted: 9/8/2010 - 22:25

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi m & l,

for thailand, citizens of most countries can get a 30-day visa exemption on arrival by air and 15 days arriving by land. laos and cambodia also have visas on arrival, with prices ranging from US $20 to $35 depending on when and where you arrive.

as a US passport holder, i've entered malaysia, singapore, and hong kong without visas in the past, but can't say what the latest is. i need a visa for oz too, but depending on the flavor of your passport, you might not.

in any case, you might want to get up on your toes and do a bit of research before you depart so you don't have an unhappy surprise while on the road. the embassy or consulate from those countries nearest you in your home country will likely have all the info you need.

worst case is that you'll have to apply for entry visas in a third country while on the road. that works in a pinch, but gets expensive and unnecessarily chews up time spent that could be spent doing fun stuff instead. good luck. cheers.

#2 Posted: 10/8/2010 - 01:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.