Visas and border crossings forum

chinese visa

• sharpie

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2010

hi anyone got any recent information on getting a visa for china originally we planned to get one in hanoi but now it seems thats not possible? is it better to get one in laos?
    thanks

#1 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 13:08

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

I got my first one in Laos last year in Vientiane. Normal price for a 1 month visa. Got my second in Hong Kong and got another 3 month visa for the same price. Don't know anything about it in Hanoi, had overdue on my Vietnam visa so had to do a quick run to Laos and figured out I'd better go to China after that. Normally you should be able to arrange your visa in Hanoi. check http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/vietnam.htm

#2 Posted: 13/8/2010 - 14:18

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

you can get one in thailand too no problem, well, not for British nationals

#3 Posted: 14/8/2010 - 04:24

• sharpie

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2010

thanks for the reply i'm austrlian if it makes any difference. well i guess wwill try and get them prior to entering vietnam. we will be travelling for a for about 3-4 months before entering china can we apply for the visa in one of the other other countries and just hold on to them until we arrive in china? also any one have any idea of costs for a 2 months visa for china?

#4 Posted: 14/8/2010 - 10:06

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

normally if you get your chinese visa prior to your travels, you got about 3 months on it to enter the country, so you'll be able to travel for about 3 months(or less of course) and then use your visa. Actually this also depends where you are from.

Don't know the prices for Australians, should check the embassy in your country. I paid 40 USD for my first visa and again 40 for the next one (which was a 3 month visa). Shouldn't be that much difference I guess.

#5 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 21:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.