Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

vietnam visa at Chau Doc

Posted by panlou on 1/9/2010 at 17:19

Hi,

I am stuck and would greatly appreciate some advise! I live in Greece and there is no Vietnam consulate in Greece as it is apparantly run from Italy. As a result I cannot get by Vietnam visa from there.

I am planning to travel through Cambodia to Vietnam overland. Specifically i plan to arrive at the Chau Doc border crossing by boat from Phnom Pehn. I will then make my way to Ho Chi Minh CIty and will be leaving from there by airplane.

I understand that I cannot apply for a Vietnam visa at the border when entering. Is there some other way?
PS: I will only be in Cambodia for a total of 4 nights split between SR and PP (3 + 1 respectively) so I am a bit worried if that is enough to process the visa application.

Thanks,
panlou

#1 panlou has been a member since 8/7/2010. Posts: 8

Posted by idreamofdurian on 1/9/2010 at 23:12 TF writer

You can probably pay more for express visa service via a travel agency.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by eastwest on 13/9/2010 at 13:57

That's a difficult one.

As durian mentioned express-service is possible at travel agencies in Cambodia. Keep in mind though that your (or any other) passport has to travel to Sihanoukville where the Vietnamese visa-department is situated (and not in PP as many people assume). So this could lead to a serious delay and extended time without passport.

I would either recommend that you travel to Sihanoukvill yourself and arrange through agent there. It can be done in a day.
Or contact a travel agent in Siem Reap before you arrive and ask what's possible.

#3 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.