Visas and border crossings forum

vietnam visa at Chau Doc

• panlou

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2010

Hi,

I am stuck and would greatly appreciate some advise! I live in Greece and there is no Vietnam consulate in Greece as it is apparantly run from Italy. As a result I cannot get by Vietnam visa from there.

I am planning to travel through Cambodia to Vietnam overland. Specifically i plan to arrive at the Chau Doc border crossing by boat from Phnom Pehn. I will then make my way to Ho Chi Minh CIty and will be leaving from there by airplane.

I understand that I cannot apply for a Vietnam visa at the border when entering. Is there some other way?
    PS: I will only be in Cambodia for a total of 4 nights split between SR and PP (3 + 1 respectively) so I am a bit worried if that is enough to process the visa application.

Thanks,
    panlou

#1 Posted: 1/9/2010 - 17:19

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

You can probably pay more for express visa service via a travel agency.

#2 Posted: 1/9/2010 - 23:12

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

That's a difficult one.

As durian mentioned express-service is possible at travel agencies in Cambodia. Keep in mind though that your (or any other) passport has to travel to Sihanoukville where the Vietnamese visa-department is situated (and not in PP as many people assume). So this could lead to a serious delay and extended time without passport.

I would either recommend that you travel to Sihanoukvill yourself and arrange through agent there. It can be done in a day.
    Or contact a travel agent in Siem Reap before you arrive and ask what's possible.

#3 Posted: 13/9/2010 - 13:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia to Vietnam Crossing at Chau Doc - Business Visa ... By lucindahartley on 19 Feb 2008 0 2939 19 Feb 2008