Visas and border crossings forum

Getting a Chinese Visa in Vietnam?

• petrarch1603

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm on my way to Hanoi and I would like to get a Chinese visa there. I've heard that its very difficult, which is kinda baffling considering that they share a border and that Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam. Anyone recently get a Chinese visa in Hanoi? Which tour agent did you use and how long did it take? I was planning on spending 6-8 weeks in China but I'm not hearing positive things about getting the visa in Hanoi.

#1 Posted: 9/10/2010 - 19:03

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi I was with an English guy on a 3 day Halong Bay trip he was doing as he was waiting for his Chinese visa to come through. He had photocopied his passport to go on the cruise as his was at the Chinese embassy. He said it was going to take 5 working days. Didn't seem to having to much trouble.
    Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 10/10/2010 - 06:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Chinese visa in Vietnam? ... By Lanham on 19 Dec 2009 0 2167 19 Dec 2009
Chinese Visa from Thailand or Vietnam? ... By HnS on 14 Mar 2010 0 2097 14 Mar 2010
Is it cheaper to get a Chinese Visa in Vietnam or San Francisco? ... By yinxzon on 8 Jan 2010 4 2432 9 Jan 2010