Visas and border crossings forum

90 day vietnam visa from uk or get 30 day extended from nam

• valis

Click here to learn more about valis
    Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

if im traveling to vitnam for 63 days is it ok to go with a standard 30 days visa and get it extended while there?would coustoms be fine with that?
    the reason im asking is it looks a lot cheaper to do that way,the uk embassy wants over £100 for the 90 day visa,pluss i still cant decide wether il be just doing vietnam or cambodia and laos to.

oh and is it easy to extend a visa once in nam?would i have to do it before i left ho chi minh?
    anyone please.

#1 Posted: 21/10/2010 - 17:39

• Advertisement

• jonello

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Posted from within Vietnam.

My visa was $20 or $25 for 30 days,on entry.I was told that if i overstay it, i'll be charged $5 a day.I got an extension 30 day in hcm city,though if you go to the office they throw it back at you, not interested,saying ' go to travel agent '..Which costs $25-$30 and takes a week to get back, so hcmc is not the best place to get it from.Other city's are easier for extensions and quicker, i've heard..On the exit dates on visa form, just put 30 days or less from date of entry, all will be well, no questions asked.I entered on one way plane ticket to Hanoi and put exit point hcm, folk are either going up or down, then out. I have a uk passport,good luck

#2 Posted: 6/11/2010 - 11:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
mai sai extended visa ... By plexo on 5 Mar 2012 5 1492 3 May 2012
indonesia extended visa ... By beauone11 on 7 Oct 2011 2 1455 7 Oct 2011
Visa for extended travel in Asia ... By drallanharris on 27 Jul 2006 4 2075 31 Aug 2006
Thailand tourist visa fee exemption extended ... By bakpakk on 3 May 2010 0 2739 3 May 2010