Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Thailand-Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam VISA HELP

Posted by dazg21 on 28/10/2010 at 04:23

Hi everyone, i know its a boring topic thats probably been discussed a million times, but basically, i just wanted to know what visas i would have to apply for here back home (UK) before leaving for these countries and wether i can get them when i arrive there. if we were to get a 30day visa for thailand then went to the other countries can we still enter thailand after to get a flight home from bangkok? any info on visas for these places would be ideal!

thanks, Darren.

#1 dazg21 has been a member since 28/10/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by eastwest on 28/10/2010 at 09:48

Depends a little on your itinerary. Thailand, Laos and Cambodia is visa on arrival. Vietnam pre-arrange.
All the information you're looking for is somewhere in the forum (use the search function and the possible related threads on your left hand side)

Thailand you can return but only for 14 days

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by svendj on 28/10/2010 at 15:40

well easy as it is as eastwest says.
you get a free 30 days visa when you arrive in Bangkok. Visa for Laos: arrange it at the border, Visa for Cambodia: arrange it at the border. Visa for Vietnam: just arrange it somewhere at a shop in Cambodia, Laos or Thailand or just go to immigration in these countries. Thailand to come back an 15 day free visa if you come by land.

#3 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by mikethediver on 29/10/2010 at 04:59

Hi,
The Thai rules state that that you need an 'out of Thailand' air ticket to get your free 30 day visa. If you are planning to travel overland to other countries then you need a Thai tourist visa, otherwise you may be prevented from boarding the plane in the UK. (The Thai visa rules are enforced by the airline as they are responsible for flying you home again if you are refused entry). Depending on your travel arrangements you may need a Thai visa before leaving the UK

#4 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by svendj on 29/10/2010 at 13:33

@mike: never had troubles with that. one way flights with no return or on going ticket. they just asked me where I was going next and just told em Laos

#5 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.