Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Cambodia- proof of onward travel

Posted by bekk on 8/11/2010 at 15:28

this must have been discussed somewhere but i can't find it, so just humour me. and yes, i have been over the visa and border crossing page of this fantastic site but...

i am flying into PP from BKK on bangkok air and plan to get a visa on arrival and to leave Cambodia on the slow boat down the Mekong into Vietnam. do i need proof of onward travel when i get the visa in Cambodia? (i know someone is going to suggest i grease the official, but i would really rather avoid that) and is the flight going to be sticklers about return tickets (like thai air)

oh, also. the cambodia e-visa link is not working...

#1 bekk has been a member since 13/10/2010. Posts: 14

Posted by sayadian on 8/11/2010 at 16:31

No,you won't be asked for any proof.After all people can get a business visa for Cambodia without any proof of business travel.You could get a business visa if you want, they are easier to renew if you want to stay in Cambodia long term.I've never flown Bangkok air but AirAsia never ask for anything so I'm presuming Bangkok air are the same.
The E-visa site periodically goes down since the Cambodian Govt took to running it, but it will come back online,just be patient.Why do you want an e-visa when it is so simple to get your visa at Phnom Penh on arrival? Oh yes, you must pay for your visa with crisp U.S. dollars and have one picture.But if you forget the picture, no worries,they'll help you out for an extra $2

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/11/2010 at 21:01

No proof of onward travel is required for entering Cambodia.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.