Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

can you enter Vietnam earlier than the date on your visa?

Posted by norbit on 4/1/2011 at 16:17

Hi everybody,

Stuck in China. Stuck in freeeeeeezing cold China.

We had originally planned to enter Vietnam on the 3rd Feb, and was wondering if it's at all possible to enter Vietnam earlier than the date on your visa. I dont want to extend the total time period (currently 3 months), i just want to bring forward the date of entry and exit..

is this at all possible??

Cheers

#1 norbit has been a member since 21/8/2010. Posts: 16

Posted by guava_girl on 7/1/2011 at 07:29

Doubt it. Try going to the Embassy in China and asking them. But I know if you turn up in Vietnam you will be sent away.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by swag on 7/1/2011 at 09:25

I doubt it as well. Why don't you get a cheap Air Asia flight to Bangkok. They fly from 4 cities in China.You'll get tourist visa on arrival and you could thaw out there for a few weeks, then get to Vietnam at your leisure.
cheers

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by norbit on 7/1/2011 at 16:15

Cheers guys.

I've since emailed the australian Vietnamese embassy and they confirmed that you definately can't.

I considered the cheap air Asia option but from Guilin (my nearest big city in china) they only fly to KL so it was just getting too expensive to then get another flight back up.

We've decided to bunker down in yangshuo until the 2nd - which is proving to be a good choice.

Cheers.

#4 norbit has been a member since 21/8/2010. Posts: 16

Posted by travellingsarah on 8/1/2011 at 13:22 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Take heart - Northern Vietnam's pretty cold at the moment too! Enjoy Yangshou - we had a good time there. I assume you've been up to Lijiang Rice Terraces? If not that makes for a good trip for a day or two and you can keep warm by trekking up and down the terraces!

#5 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by travellingsarah on 8/1/2011 at 13:23 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ooops, I don't think I meant Lijiang. I meant whatever rice terraces are a couple of hours north of Yangshou!

#6 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by norbit on 8/1/2011 at 13:50

its been low's of 0 and highs of 3, so i certainly hope its warmer than that in sapa!

but yes, been to longshen rice terraces, was a good day trip from guilin, although it would definately be better in the warmer months with more greenery etc...

#7 norbit has been a member since 21/8/2010. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.