Visas and border crossings forum

can you enter Vietnam earlier than the date on your visa?

• norbit

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2010

Hi everybody,

Stuck in China. Stuck in freeeeeeezing cold China.

We had originally planned to enter Vietnam on the 3rd Feb, and was wondering if it's at all possible to enter Vietnam earlier than the date on your visa. I dont want to extend the total time period (currently 3 months), i just want to bring forward the date of entry and exit..

is this at all possible??

Cheers

#1 Posted: 4/1/2011 - 16:17

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Doubt it. Try going to the Embassy in China and asking them. But I know if you turn up in Vietnam you will be sent away.

#2 Posted: 7/1/2011 - 07:29

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

I doubt it as well. Why don't you get a cheap Air Asia flight to Bangkok. They fly from 4 cities in China.You'll get tourist visa on arrival and you could thaw out there for a few weeks, then get to Vietnam at your leisure.
    cheers

#3 Posted: 7/1/2011 - 09:25

• norbit

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2010

Cheers guys.

I've since emailed the australian Vietnamese embassy and they confirmed that you definately can't.

I considered the cheap air Asia option but from Guilin (my nearest big city in china) they only fly to KL so it was just getting too expensive to then get another flight back up.

We've decided to bunker down in yangshuo until the 2nd - which is proving to be a good choice.

Cheers.

#4 Posted: 7/1/2011 - 16:15

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Take heart - Northern Vietnam's pretty cold at the moment too! Enjoy Yangshou - we had a good time there. I assume you've been up to Lijiang Rice Terraces? If not that makes for a good trip for a day or two and you can keep warm by trekking up and down the terraces!

#5 Posted: 8/1/2011 - 13:22

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ooops, I don't think I meant Lijiang. I meant whatever rice terraces are a couple of hours north of Yangshou!

#6 Posted: 8/1/2011 - 13:23

• norbit

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2010

its been low's of 0 and highs of 3, so i certainly hope its warmer than that in sapa!

but yes, been to longshen rice terraces, was a good day trip from guilin, although it would definately be better in the warmer months with more greenery etc...

#7 Posted: 8/1/2011 - 13:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Double-Entry Visa (Vietnam) - Experience with port of entry/date ... By caseyprich on 30 Sep 2012 3 2234 30 Sep 2012
Visa exit date ... By aussiejohn on 16 Sep 2012 4 1057 5 Oct 2012
How many times can I enter Cambodia on a 30 day tourist visa within a 6 month period? ... By annarose on 1 Jul 2009 4 3022 2 Jul 2009