Visas and border crossings forum

Visas for Laos, Cambodia and Bali

• Nicol

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi guys

Sorry to repeat a question that is most likely frequently asked but could you confirm that I can definitely get a visa on arrival at Laos and do not need to send my passport off as there does not appear to be a Consulate in the UK anyways. Also does the same go for Cambodia or is it easier for me to get my Cambodian visa in advance?

Ditto for Bali?

I am travelling with Intrepid in March 20011but they do not want to give advise on Visa as the situation changes all the time.

Thank you!

Nicol

#1 Posted: 6/1/2011 - 02:36

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You can get the Cambodia visa on arrival (if arriving at airport and at selected overland crossings).

You can also get a visa on arrival in Bali (30 days).

I haven't been to Laos yet, but after a quick check on the link below, it looks like you can get a 30-day visa on arrival on most overland crossings as well.

There's lots of info in this thread: http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/visabordercrossings/172_visa-and-border-crossing-news---please-read-this-before-postting-

Check it out for the crossings that you will/may be using.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2011 - 03:05

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Cambodian visa on arrival is cake.

#3 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 11:09

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Cambodian 30-day visas officially cost $USD20 but on arrival at some land borders they often try to charge more and/or insist on paying in another currency (e.g. from Thailand 1000+baht or $33USD+). You can then stand your ground and maybe wait a bit, or give in. Or get it in advance at the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok or Vientiane and pay just the standard 20 bucks.

Laos visa (also 30 days) on arrival is moreso "cake". Every airport and land border crossing now has it. Price is $35 for UK nationals and best paid in USD. There may be an additional small charge for "stamping fee" or "overtime" charge e.g. after 4pm crossings, weekends/holidays, etc.

Bring several passport-size photos. You'll need them for the various visas.

#4 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 02:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.