Visas and border crossings forum

Visa on Chong Mek / Vang Tao

• Ignas

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2010

I was reading that on this border going from Vang Tao to Pakse Visa on arrival is available, but how about going from Pakse to Bankok, is Thai visa available on this border? I am Lithuanian so probably I can't get free visa.

#1 Posted: 22/1/2011 - 16:32

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Ignas,

From what I can tell, while the free visa exemption is not available for a Lithuanian passport holder, you do qualify to get a 15-day visa on arrival at 24 designated border crossings. It looks like you'd need to have proof of onward travel out of Thailand within 15 days, 2 passport-sized photos, and the 1,000 Thai baht fee. Unfortunately, it does not look like the border crossing at Chong Mek is one of the 24 international crossings where this is possible.

Full details are at this link: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2491

As an alternative, you could always apply for a multi-entry tourist visa ahead of time. That might solve a few logistics problems for you as well as purchase some peace of mind. Good luck.

#2 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 00:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lao Visa On Arrival - Chong Mek ... By tails101 on 1 Apr 2006 3 8676 3 Apr 2006
Laos Visa at Chong Mek / Day tour packages at Guesthouses ... By panda27 on 3 Jan 2008 2 2433 13 Jan 2008