Visas and border crossings forum

a bit confused

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

I just downloaded the visa application form for vietnam. I am starting my trip to SE asia on the 2nd of April...until 20 June...I dont know exactly when I will be in Vietnam but the form asks me to fill in a date....What do you recommend. Is it better to do it in Thailand rather here in the London embassy

#1 Posted: 14/2/2011 - 01:17

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Usually better to get your visa closer to when/where you will know your travel itinerary. You don't have to specify and enter the exact same day as there is some leeway given usually. But if possible I'd get the Vietnam visa in Bangkok or if passing through Laos at the Vietnam embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Luang Prabang. You will by then have a much clearer idea of your travel dates.

#2 Posted: 14/2/2011 - 15:16

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

If you pass through Cambodia it's best to wait till there. Vietnam visa service is very quick and in Sihanoukville it can be arranged within a day. That is off course if you're headed that way.

#3 Posted: 14/2/2011 - 15:36

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

yes i will travel to laos then cambodia before entering vietnam. the visa here in London costs £40 for 30 days. any idea about prices in sihanoukville or vientiane for a vietnam visa....Are you sure its possible to do it there..I dont want any surprises and not go vietnam:)

#4 Posted: 14/2/2011 - 22:20

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

100% sure in cambodia. can not speak for Laos and anyway don't wait till the very last moment. Just make it one of the first things you have to do when you enter the country. If you don't plan to go to SHV you can also have it arranged from PP in a few days.
    Prices are much cheaper than in england.

#5 Posted: 15/2/2011 - 08:55

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

The current cost of a 30 day single entry visa from the Vietnamese consulate in Sihanoukville is 45USD and it's usually done in minutes while you wait.I can't remember the opening hours,but I'm going there tomorrow so I'll check that and post them

#6 Posted: 15/2/2011 - 09:30

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

@oasisbarhatien that would be great man...let me know......!!

#7 Posted: 15/2/2011 - 16:33

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"vietnam visa....Are you sure its possible to do it there"

Can definitely get a Vietnam visa in Laos or Cambodia at the embassies or consulates. Cost is $USD45/50/60 for 2/next/same day service. That will work out best for your travel plans.

#8 Posted: 16/2/2011 - 02:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.