Visas and border crossings forum

Cambodia/Vietnam border query

• ChrisM48

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2006

I am travelling to Cambodia and then Vitenam from Thailand in July/August 2007. To avoid any problems at borders, is it feasible to obtain visas in Australia at the Embassy's to avoid the hassle when arriving?

#1 Posted: 27/12/2006 - 16:56

• Advertisement

• marcus_schm-
    arcus

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2006

i've found it is much less hassle to get your viet visa in bangkok and get your camb visa at the border.

#2 Posted: 27/12/2006 - 17:36

• miranda456

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 14

I did the same trip as you are going to do. I also found it easy to get my Cambodia visa at the border (watch out for the "helpers" that say its 1,000Baht instead of $22US). In Cambodia, if you are going to Phnom Penh you can get your Vietnam visa there either from the Vietnam embassy or your guesthouse. I was sick for a few days in Phnom Penh so I got my Vietnam visa through my guesthouse for $US33 (I think thats only $3 more than the embassy) and I got the visa the next day.

#3 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 17:43

• dobe

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2007

I'd like to ask the other way roud, from Vietnam to Cambodia

I tried to check border crossings and each I found were in the Southern part of Vietnam, close to HCMC. Are there other options to cross to Cambodia? Are there any border crossings in the Nort-eastern part of Cambodia? Specifically, is it possible to make a Kon Tum-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh-HCMC journey? Is this journey feasible at all considering land travel in Eastern Cambodia, can you reach Siem Reap from the Eastern border without having to go South?

#4 Posted: 27/3/2007 - 22:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Query on Laos to Cambodia border crossing ... By phili on 11 Jun 2009 3 2587 12 Jun 2009