Visas and border crossings forum

Haad Yao to Langkawi on Tigerline

• WonderingTs-
    ar

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2010
    Total reviews: 2

Hi all

The Tigerline ferry goes from various points in South West Thailand then Haat Yao (near trang) then Koh Lipe on to Langkawi Malaysia.

I know that there is an im/emigration office on Lipe, but how does it work (stamp out of Thailand) if you are going direct from Haat Yao to Langkawi? I don't think that there is an immigration/emigration office in Haat Yao. Do Tigerline wait for you to go ashore at Lipe and get stamped out there, or is there a Thai office in Langkawi, or what?

I want to get a stamp out of Thailand on a Sunday. However it works, would it be open ?

TIA :)

#1 Posted: 11/3/2011 - 10:08

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

You transfer from the Tigerline ferry by longtail to the shore at Pattaya Bay on Lipe to get stamped out of Thailand (probably the most scenic immigration checkpoint in the country) then taken back to the ferry for the trip to Langkawi where Malaysian immigration stamp you in.

#2 Posted: 11/3/2011 - 18:23

• WonderingTs-
    ar

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2010

Ah, ok, thanks. And they're open Sundays ?

#3 Posted: 11/3/2011 - 21:12

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Yes open every day

#4 Posted: 12/3/2011 - 15:33

• WonderingTs-
    ar

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2010

ta. In the end, I went overland to Thammalang Pier - on a like-for-like comparison, it worked out 5 times cheaper than the tigerline ferry!!

For the record, Thammalang Emigration is open on Sundays.

#5 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 20:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.