Visas and border crossings forum

2 entry visa

  • greektravel-

    Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011
    Posts: 44

    Hello Guys. I am abit confused with my visa situation. Basically I have a 2 entry tourist visa which i received in London thai embassy. I arrived on the 5th of April in Bangkok. They stamped it and it says valid until 6th of June. I am leaving on the 20th of june tho. thats a gap of 14 days. My question is. What exactly does 2 entry mean. Can I leave and enter thailand one more time? Because I am planning to visit lao and cambodia. could i visit lao c ome back to thailand then visit cambodia and come back? or am I limited to my 2 entries.

    #1 Posted: 11/4/2011 - 10:39

  • Advertisement

  • travellings-

    TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Posts: 679
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

    Posted from within Vietnam.

    I'm not an expert but as far as I know the maximum stay permitted in one trip is 60 days - hence your visa expires on the 6th June, 60 days after you entered the country. What I'm not sure about is whether your double entry visa is for a total of 60 days in country or 60 + 60 days. I have a feeling it might be the former but someone else will know I'm sure. Either way, you will have to leave the country by 6th June or pay for an extension.

    #2 Posted: 11/4/2011 - 17:24

  • Captain_Bob

    Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 1790

    You're on the 1st entry now valid until 6-June and you can extend it 30 more days at Thai Immigration for 1900 baht. But, if you leave Thailand the entry is lost, leaving you with one more entry which must be made prior to the "Enter Before" date. This gets you another 60-day entry, again with possible 30-day extension. So now your visa is good for one trip out and back into Thailand (maybe go to Laos and Cambodia then come back).

    Many nationalities can also enter visa-free, but then you only get 30 days if entering by air or 14 days if entering by land. As explained on

    #3 Posted: 11/4/2011 - 22:53

  • slapbreeya

    Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2011
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 50

    I'm standing with Captain Bob here.... they are confusing but my post would have reflected his.

    #4 Posted: 25/4/2011 - 08:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai multiple entry visa or visa waiver + single entry visa? ... By zesti on 6 Jul 2014 3 2186 20 Dec 2014
Double-Entry Visa (Vietnam) - Experience with port of entry/date ... By caseyprich on 30 Sep 2012 3 3073 30 Sep 2012
Vietnam Visa: Turning a Single Entry Into A Multiple Entry ... By ajay on 5 Aug 2009 1 6673 5 Aug 2009
Multiple Entry Visa Question (Re-Entry) ... By mrbump on 24 Jan 2012 3 4098 25 Jan 2012
Re-entry when you've already used a single entry visa? ... By mtothes on 26 Apr 2013 2 2761 26 Apr 2013