Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam Visa exemptions for Phu Quoc travel?

• zmerchant

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2006

Hello.
    I am planning a trip across the "Travelfish" region beginning later this month, and am about to send off my Vietnam visa app. Then I ran across this site:
    http://www.vietnamtourism.com/e_pages/news/index.asp?loai=2&uid=1563. I think the article is from Sep, 2005.

"...foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who want to enter and stay in Phu Quoc Island for less than 15 days will be exempt from visa application. Those who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island will also be exempt from visa application..."

I begin in Siem Reap, Cambodia, and plan to travel overland (boat? - not sure yet) to Pu Quoc for a few days, then continue overland to Vietnam north. According to this article, I may not need a visa.

Anyone know about/have experience with this?

Valuable site, thanks.

Zeyad

#1 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 12:23

• Advertisement

• zmerchant

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2006

...waited 1/2 hour, no replies to my posting :-) ...
    here's the deal (sorry of this is common knowledge):

http://www.phuquocland.net/detail.php?ttID=15&ndID=2
    Travel by Air: can get exemption if flying into HCMC int. airport, and taking plane to Phu Quoc.
    By Sea: looks like you must book a trip inivolving "coco-explore" cruise line and Saigon Phu Quoc Resort.

Anyway - I'm sending off the visa app. on Monday as planned.

Zeyad.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 13:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
7 nationalities now get 30 day visa exemptions to Thailand overland? ... By DLuek on 6 Nov 2013 11 4058 22 Jan 2014