Visas and border crossings forum

Thai visa - confused

  • Kez

    Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2011
    Posts: 5

    Hi, I know there are a a few websites etc that explain the Thai visa rules etc but I am still a little confused and wondered if anyone can clear something up for me....
    I plan to fly into bangkok stay in Thailand for less than a month before exiting for Laos returning to Thailand from Cambodia (land crossing) a month or two later. I beleve I can then only get 15 days but I plan on then staying in Thailand for about 2 months. Does anyone know the best way/visa for me to do this please? (uk passport). Thanks.

    #1 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 22:01

  • Advertisement

  • rledez1990

    Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom
    Posts: 106

    I think the best thing for you to do would be to ring the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull on 01482 581668 between 9am and 4pm tomorrow! I rang them when i was sorting out my visa and they're so friendly and helpful! There's definitely a double-entry visa or something that you can get, but they are relatively expensive so the best thing to do is ring that number and you can make sure you get the right one, and that way you'll have no issues at the border and no worries! :)
    Hope that helps!

    #2 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 22:40

  • greektravel-

    Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011
    Posts: 44

    you need a 2 entry tourist visa which can be obtained at the thai consulate. its valid for 2 x 60 days. so 4 months. each entry gives u 60 days. that means that when u enter thailand once u get 60 days. then if u leave thailand lets say after 14 days and go to lao u will get a stamp in ur passport and ur first entry is used. then u can return and get another 60 days when u return from cambodia overland. I did the same a few days ago. If you are based in London u can get the visa from the thai consulate in gloucester road. Be careful u can only reenter the country once with this visa. if ur 2 entries are used up u will get a visa on arrival which is 15 days overland and 30 days if u fly in e.g flight from siem reap to bangkok

    #3 Posted: 4/5/2011 - 23:36

  • HexagonalBo-

    Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2011
    Posts: 12

    Sorry to hijack the thread, in fact I should probably make my own post, I probably will make a larger one later - but if I wanted to go to Thailand for 30 days, go to a foreign country (say, vietnam/laos/cambodia) and then come back to Thailand for 15 days - would that all be permitted under a visa exemption that I'd get when flying in to Thailand? Do I not need a plane ticket going out in 30 days from Thailand to be allowed in to the country in the first place?

    (I would actually be staying in Thailand for less than 30 or 15 days in each case - I'm just saying that because those are the limits of the Visa exemption)

    #4 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 04:10

  • Thomas922

    Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village
    Posts: 346

    Hex the plane ticket leaving Thailand has a ton of posts and the best short answer is yes and no. Yes your airline may give you problems about if and no the Thai immigration guy probably won't. Best bet is get one.

    #5 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 11:47

  • Kez

    Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2011
    Posts: 5

    Thanks for your help:)

    #6 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 15:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Still confused about Thai Visa ... By chris123 on 23 Apr 2007 4 2305 4 May 2007
Confused as to which Thai Visa to apply for? ... By chicoelnino on 16 Apr 2013 3 1685 18 Apr 2013
$147.29 for a 60 day thai vissa, that requires shipping??? confused... ... By holydinahorben on 18 Dec 2012 3 1117 25 Dec 2012