Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

getting a working holiday visa for australia - in SEasia

Posted by joe_leviente on 20/6/2011 at 01:22

hi guys,

this is my first post so go easy on me!

I hold a UK passport, and am going travelling around south east asia in august for 7 months.

At the moment, I'm considering going straight from SEasia to australia to work for a year or two, rather than getting on my return flight to england and having to fly back at some point.

Does anyone have any experience getting a working holiday visa for australia in south east asia? will it be any different to getting one in england?

also, I read that once you've been granted a working holiday visa for australia, you have 12 months to enter the country - should I just get one before I leave to go travelling? or does it not really work like that?

cheers,

Joe

#1 joe_leviente has been a member since 10/6/2011. Posts: 12

Posted by dejavu619 on 1/8/2011 at 15:12

I am also in the process of obtaining a visa for australia and my cousin told me that I can get what I need for australian working visa by the help of the website. I find lots of useful information and also went to the embassy for extra details. now I am just waiting for the results. :)

#2 dejavu619 has been a member since 6/1/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by joe_leviente on 1/8/2011 at 16:28

thanks mate,

yeah i found the australian immigration website and just applied online with them. I guess I could have done it from anywhere in the world really, as I didn't even need to go into the embassy.

I just applied online, with my passport number, paid the fee, and they got back to me after only about 4 hours! pretty damn quick!

#3 joe_leviente has been a member since 10/6/2011. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.