Visas and border crossings forum

getting a working holiday visa for australia - in SEasia

• joe_leviente

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2011

hi guys,

this is my first post so go easy on me!

I hold a UK passport, and am going travelling around south east asia in august for 7 months.

At the moment, I'm considering going straight from SEasia to australia to work for a year or two, rather than getting on my return flight to england and having to fly back at some point.

Does anyone have any experience getting a working holiday visa for australia in south east asia? will it be any different to getting one in england?

also, I read that once you've been granted a working holiday visa for australia, you have 12 months to enter the country - should I just get one before I leave to go travelling? or does it not really work like that?

cheers,

Joe

#1 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 01:22

• Advertisement

• dejavu619

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2011

I am also in the process of obtaining a visa for australia and my cousin told me that I can get what I need for australian working visa by the help of the website. I find lots of useful information and also went to the embassy for extra details. now I am just waiting for the results. :)

#2 Posted: 1/8/2011 - 15:12

• joe_leviente

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2011

thanks mate,

yeah i found the australian immigration website and just applied online with them. I guess I could have done it from anywhere in the world really, as I didn't even need to go into the embassy.

I just applied online, with my passport number, paid the fee, and they got back to me after only about 4 hours! pretty damn quick!

#3 Posted: 1/8/2011 - 16:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SEasia to Australia ... By joe_leviente on 24 Jun 2011 4 1992 1 Aug 2011
Working and Living in Australia ... By mawer_9 on 19 Mar 2013 9 4530 25 Jul 2014
2014 Taitung Eco-Working Holiday ... By teiawh on 13 Jun 2014 0 492 13 Jun 2014
singapore bangkok laos vietnam hongkong beijing shanghai then to cairns sydney then working holiday ... By dbscuba on 7 Oct 2010 1 4212 7 Oct 2010