Visas and border crossings forum

Phu qoc to shinakouville as easily as possible

• konnan101

Joined Travelfish
    31st March, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

So I am currently in Saigon and looking to visit phu qoc island before heading over the border into Cambodia. Ideally I would like to leave Saigon and travel to phu qoc, then from phu qoc go by land or water to shinakouville, then from shinakouville to phnom penh and siemens reap and so on. Is there an easy way to get from phu qoc to shinakouville, without having to back track back through Saigon, and without having to go to phnom penh first. Also, will I need to get my Cambodian visa in Saigon before heading to phu qoc, or will I be able to do visa on arrival at the border crossing between phu qoc and shinakouville?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 21/6/2011 - 18:03

• Advertisement

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

It's very easy to go from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville .You get the ferry from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien,and from there a direct bus/minibus to Sihanoukville,via Kep and Kampot.You can buy a ticket for the complete journey from a company in Phu Quoc,which includes transfer to and from the ferry,and the bus ticket.The ferry leaves PQ at around 08.00 and you will get to Sihanoukville about 17.00.It's the same bus that you stay in all the journey,you don't have to change vehicles or walk and carry luggage over the border.I don't know the exact cost,but it's probably around 30USD

#2 Posted: 10/7/2011 - 12:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.