Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Phu qoc to shinakouville as easily as possible

Posted by konnan101 on 21/6/2011 at 18:03

Posted from within Vietnam.

So I am currently in Saigon and looking to visit phu qoc island before heading over the border into Cambodia. Ideally I would like to leave Saigon and travel to phu qoc, then from phu qoc go by land or water to shinakouville, then from shinakouville to phnom penh and siemens reap and so on. Is there an easy way to get from phu qoc to shinakouville, without having to back track back through Saigon, and without having to go to phnom penh first. Also, will I need to get my Cambodian visa in Saigon before heading to phu qoc, or will I be able to do visa on arrival at the border crossing between phu qoc and shinakouville?

Thanks

#1 konnan101 has been a member since 31/3/2011. Posts: 18

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 10/7/2011 at 12:58

Posted from within Vietnam.

It's very easy to go from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville .You get the ferry from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien,and from there a direct bus/minibus to Sihanoukville,via Kep and Kampot.You can buy a ticket for the complete journey from a company in Phu Quoc,which includes transfer to and from the ferry,and the bus ticket.The ferry leaves PQ at around 08.00 and you will get to Sihanoukville about 17.00.It's the same bus that you stay in all the journey,you don't have to change vehicles or walk and carry luggage over the border.I don't know the exact cost,but it's probably around 30USD

#2 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 109
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.