Visas and border crossings forum

Walking from departures to arrival for a Thai land 15 exemption

• Sethinthebox

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2011

I'm pretty sure that this isn't posted already but correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be in Loei province (Dan Sai more specifically) for a few days just before my 15 day visa exemption expires. I was hoping to do a visa run, departing Thailand at either Chiang Khan or Muang Nong Khai.

I do not have a Lao visa currently, and I would prefer not to get one just yet.

Is it possible to just walk out of the "departures" office of Thailand, turn around and come back into the country again? Will the Thai authorities be looking for a Lao stamp? If not, any recommendations for the most painless/least expensive way of staying in Thailand for another several weeks

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 24/6/2011 - 20:20

• Advertisement

• Sethinthebox

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2011

Further, if it is not possible to do a "turnaround" visa run there, is it possible anywhere nearby there? I've read Mae Sai from a member here, though that's a bit out of the way for me...

#2 Posted: 24/6/2011 - 21:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai exit proof - land,sea or air?? Tourist visa exemption - 30 days! ... By lauraandmark on 16 Sep 2008 7 5411 17 Sep 2008
Thai Visa exemption ... By gillerz960 on 17 Nov 2009 4 1975 18 Nov 2009
Thai Visa Exemption ... By creasetofu on 25 Jun 2011 3 2517 28 Jun 2011
visa on arrival at land boarders ... By barrylad66 on 8 Jan 2010 4 3836 10 Jan 2010
Visa on Arrival(land crossing from Thailand) - completing the form ... By Boohoo on 24 Oct 2013 6 1321 27 Oct 2013