Visas and border crossings forum

Postal Application for Vietnamese Visa from London

• luckysmartie

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2011

Hi everyone, first post on here, although I've been reading (and taking advice!) for some time [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

I'm just about to make a postal application for a Vietnamese visa from the London embassy. I've done this for a Russian visa a couple of times and have always sent a Special Delivery envelope with the application, however there has never been a postal charge if you do this. The Vietnamese embassy have told me to send an SAE in addition to paying extra for postage (£8 ). Do they want a Special Delivery envelope and are just charging extortionately for someone to walk to the post box?

Thanks [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#1 Posted: 10/7/2011 - 23:35

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I agree that the VOA is the way to go as long as you arrive in country by air. I use Visa4Vietnam in Hanoi - used them 4 times with excellent service. I believe the charge for a simple, single entry 30 day visa is $15. upfront (for the Approval Letter) + $25. on arrival at the airport.

You will receive the Approval Letter in JPEG format by email within 2 days, and there's no sending your passport away, and no postal charges. Simply print out the letter, show it to your airline, and you're off to Vietnam. Once at the airport in Hanoi or HCMC, go to the Visa desk and claim your hard copy visa that will be put in your passport.

#2 Posted: 29/7/2011 - 16:22

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Agree that VOA is a cheaper option, but if you want to, or need to, get it in advance (as I did - we knew we'd be coming in by land) then you send an SAE and pay them £8 for them to send it Special Delivery. Special Delivery is between £5-6 anyway so they're just charging a couple of extra pounds for handling.

#3 Posted: 30/7/2011 - 14:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnamese Embassy London ... By jammi100 on 4 May 2011 0 1902 4 May 2011
Visa application over 30 days ... By doolough on 18 May 2010 2 1494 20 May 2010
Some visa cannot application in Philippine ... By SheaBirds on 18 Apr 2012 1 1219 24 Apr 2012