Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

thai tourist visa

Posted by ambersaffron on 5/8/2011 at 11:08

I have a couple of questions about the thai tourist visa. Please forgive me if these have been answered already, I've done some searching but couldn't find the answers.

Can you get the Thai tourist visa in Thailand?
Is it possible to get a multiple entry Thai tourist visa?
Where can you get an extension for your thai tourist visa? Does it have to be at an embassy or consulate, or can a guesthouse or travel agent do it?
To apply for a Thai tourist visa before arriving in SE Asia, do you need to have a return air ticket?

Thanks so much for your help with this!

#1 ambersaffron has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/8/2011 at 13:22

Can only get a tourist visa from a Thai embassy or consulate outside Thailand. How many entries you can get and if you need a return air ticket is up to the consulate in question - they have some leeway to make their own policies. Visa extensions are done at any immigration office within Thailand.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.