Visas and border crossings forum

Indian tourist visa in Bangkok

• jbarne19

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi everybody,
    Im currently travelling around south east asia with plans to go to India after. I know the visa application process in Bangkok takes five days. I plan to go from Cambodia back to Bangkok, then head south to Koh Pha Ngan and the other islands for 10-12 days, before coming back to Bangkok. What I am wondering is, does anyone know if I can apply for the visa before I go south, and collect it 12 days later? Or do they require you to return after five days?
    Thanks for any help.

#1 Posted: 19/8/2011 - 17:11

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I think that you will be able to get it after as it makes no difference to them. However, you must have a passport to check into a hotel, rent a motorbike, etc so will need it before you move on to the south. As well, it is illegal to travel in Thailand without identification on you.

#2 Posted: 22/9/2011 - 09:21

• wanderlustl-
    ady

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2011

I will also be applying for an India visa while in Thailand. Does anyone have advice for whether to do so in Bangkok or Chaing Mai?

#3 Posted: 22/9/2011 - 20:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Indian visa in Bangkok? ... By miriam123 on 19 Dec 2013 0 911 19 Dec 2013
Burma Tourist Visa at Bangkok embassy ... By hsoa on 18 Apr 2011 11 5878 14 Aug 2011
Getting 2 month tourist visa for China in Bangkok ... By williamtaylor on 16 Jan 2010 0 2911 16 Jan 2010