Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Indian tourist visa in Bangkok

Posted by jbarne19 on 19/8/2011 at 17:11

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi everybody,
Im currently travelling around south east asia with plans to go to India after. I know the visa application process in Bangkok takes five days. I plan to go from Cambodia back to Bangkok, then head south to Koh Pha Ngan and the other islands for 10-12 days, before coming back to Bangkok. What I am wondering is, does anyone know if I can apply for the visa before I go south, and collect it 12 days later? Or do they require you to return after five days?
Thanks for any help.

#1 jbarne19 has been a member since 8/6/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by guava_girl on 22/9/2011 at 09:21

I think that you will be able to get it after as it makes no difference to them. However, you must have a passport to check into a hotel, rent a motorbike, etc so will need it before you move on to the south. As well, it is illegal to travel in Thailand without identification on you.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by wanderlustlady on 22/9/2011 at 20:04

I will also be applying for an India visa while in Thailand. Does anyone have advice for whether to do so in Bangkok or Chaing Mai?

#3 wanderlustlady has been a member since 21/9/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.