Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

PLEASE! i need up-to-date info on the overland border Cambodia to Laos!

Posted by bizzungax on 31/8/2011 at 15:37

Please,

I have read a dozen different websites, contacted a few agencies, but still I get mixed answers, so I thought that the best way to get AN ACCURATE answer would be through a fellow traveller.
Can anyone, PLEASEEE tell me whether it is possible to get a VISA-ON-ARRIVAL TO LAOS, in the overland border between Cambodia (Veun Kham) and Laos (Dong Calor)?

Please please please fellow travellers help me out!

Thank you so much!

#1 bizzungax has been a member since 31/8/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by KirstyB on 31/8/2011 at 17:19

I agree there is lot of contradictory inforomation on the web - a lot of it out of date. However it is now possible to obtain a visa on arrival on the Cambodia/Lao border (I believe this has been for the past 18 months or so). I crossed this border last around 3 months ago and got a voa (UK passport). The cost varies depending on nationality. I hate this border crossing 10 times more than Poipet for all their $1 here, $2 there "exit stamp", "health check", "entry stamp", "overtime" scams. Give me Aranya/Poipet any day!

Somtam - you may want to update this page when you get 5 minutes away from Phukets bars and restaurants! http://www.travelfish.org/border_crossings/laos

#2 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by bizzungax on 31/8/2011 at 17:50

Thank you!

But please, call you tell me the name of the border crossing, is it still the same or has it changed?

Thank you so much!

#3 bizzungax has been a member since 31/8/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by KirstyB on 31/8/2011 at 18:19

I'm afraid I can't remember the precise name of the border "towns"/shacks, but I believe the crossing point was moved slightly in order to facilitate more people crossing and VOA's. However, there's only one Cambodia/Laos border crossing and if you're travelling from Kratie/ Stung Treng up to Laos you can't really go wrong. Most people just refer to the border as being Stung Treng on the Cambodian side as that's the closest town to the crossing.

#4 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by bizzungax on 1/9/2011 at 03:26

thank you!! :)

#5 bizzungax has been a member since 31/8/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by Captain_Bob on 1/9/2011 at 11:51

Trapaing Kriel

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.