Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Thai visa question!

Posted by Shaneo88 on 6/9/2011 at 09:19

Hi everyone! i made it here without any (major) issues thanks to everyones help and i love it. Its time now to tackle the visa issue since i will be staying longer than 60 days. So i got my 60 day visa from the states which requires i leave thailand by October 18th. Right now, i am in Chiang Rai and will be heading to Laos in the next couple days. I have paid for 2 entries on the visa.

My question is, if i am back into Thailand on september 14th, will my 60 days renew so i will have until (approx) november 14th in thailand or will it still remain as October 18th my visa expiration? If it makes any difference, i will be in luang prabang and Vang Vieng then coming back to Bangkok.

#1 Shaneo88 has been a member since 11/7/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 17
 Website 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 7/9/2011 at 14:42

It sounds like October 18 is your "Enter Before" date (in other words you must start using the 2nd entry on or before that date). See sample here So yes with a double-entry visa if you re-enter Sep 14 you will get until approximately Nov 14, not just until October 18.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,823

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.