Visas and border crossings forum

transitting with different airlines.Do I have to enter country to retrieve bag?

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Flying into Suvannabhumi at 11am on 1st Nov. Then afternoon shuttle with AirAsia back to Phnom Penh .Went to the AirAsia office to enquire whether my bag could be transitted through from Kuwait Air flight to their Phnom Penh flight.She told me I have to enter Thailand pick up my bag then go back out.So, basically I have to queue to get an entry stamp then 5 minutes later queue to get an exit stamp.This seems like craziness to me.Does anyone have any experience of this problem of transitting bags through two airlines particularly AirAsia? Is there another way.I'm happy to pay.

#1 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 19:18

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I would say it's normal procedure, unless it's another Kuwait air flight or one of their partners.

#2 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 19:28

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Air Asia is a point-to-point carrier, i.e. they don't have "connecting" flights except for Fly-Thru which doesn't apply in your case. So you have to go through immigration, baggage collection, and check in again for the AA flight. Bummer!

#3 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 12:46

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Thanks all.
    Yes I was afraid I'd have to do this.
    Maybe it's something airlines could address in future.A little cooperation between them, even if they charge a handling fee, would go a long way to help the poor old passenger.

#4 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 13:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.