Visas and border crossings forum

Visa on arrival in Thailand

• alptitude

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2011

Hi

I am struggling to find an answer to this one. I am from the UK but am planning on flying to Bangkok next week from Geneva, Switzerland. I will be in Thailand for about 6 hours before getting the overnight train to Laos.

I will then be returning to Thailand from Cambodia about 4.5 weeks later.

What kind of visa do i need and how do i get it???

#1 Posted: 15/10/2011 - 14:49

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

You'll qualify for the 30 day visa free stay so you won't need a visa to go in.Coming back into Thailand from Cambodia depends on how long your planning on staying and how you arrive.If you fly back into Thailand you'll get 30 days stamp again but if you arrive overland you'll only get 15 days.So if your planning on staying longer than that get a Thai visa in Phnom Penh, takes 24 hours.

#2 Posted: 15/10/2011 - 19:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cambodia to Thailand via overland - where to get visa on arrival ... By jijerton on 29 Jul 2012 1 2866 29 Jul 2012
Thailand 30day exempt and 15day upon arrival Visa's ... By kak on 13 Mar 2009 2 3535 13 Mar 2009
Visa on Arrival(land crossing from Thailand) - completing the form ... By Boohoo on 24 Oct 2013 6 1323 27 Oct 2013