Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Sihanoukville to Koh Chang?

Posted by misplcednotlost on 5/11/2011 at 22:32

So we are contemplating going to southern Thailand after Cambodia, and are not sure about this crossing. Has anyone done it? If I understand correctly there is the option of boat or bus? The border crossing is Hat Lek/ Koh Kong , so do we take a bus from Sihanoukville to Koh Kong or a boat? Just hoping someone has experience doing this. We are going from Cambodia to Thailand, and havent really figured out a route yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

#1 misplcednotlost has been a member since 17/10/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 19

Posted by eastwest on 5/11/2011 at 23:58

Hi,

If you use the search tool you can find plenty of threads on the subject.
To be short: I don't think that boat is running anymore and I haven't heard anything about it for some years now.

Anyway, it's easy to buy an all-inclusive ticket from Sihanoukville to Koh Chang. It includes several bus changes but is in general quite well organised. It's a long day and if you don't fancy that there is the option of spending a night in Koh Kong or Trat which are both worthy of a night. All those tickets are readily available at any travel agent or guesthouse in SHV.

Have fun.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.