Visas and border crossings forum

sample itinerary for 5-6weeks

• davemurt

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2011
    Location Ireland

could anyone give me a sample itinerary for 5-6weeks in thailand,vietnam,cambodia and laos. is it even possible? in thailand,id like to see the normal places,do some climbing,do scuba course and get in a full moon party.im more of a go and see the sights person so any highlights and info would be great.i would be on a budget as ive just lost my job so any info on cheap accomodation would also be great. also info regarding visas etc would be appreciated. i would be flying into bangkok from dubai approx 1st march.

thanks
    dave

#1 Posted: 20/12/2011 - 00:30

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Well, you're not going to see it all in 5-6 weeks, so you will need to prioritise. And that comes down to what interests you - beaches, trekking, temples, cities, rural communities...??

I suggest you scan through the suggested itineraries here: http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/
    and see what grabs your interest.

Having said that, I had a great 6-week trip a few years ago in Thailand and Cambodia. I would suggest maybe four weeks in Thailand (Bkk, Kachanburi, Chiang Mai, southern islands) and two weeks in Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Kep or Kampot).

But read through the itineraries and see what grabs your attentipn. Work that out first, that you can start worrying about accom options, etc.

#2 Posted: 20/12/2011 - 02:45

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

If you're only going for 6 weeks and you're set on going to Thailand, then I would pair that up with either Cambodia or Laos. Thailand and Vietnam is probably too much in that timeframe, travel and sights wise.

Sorry to hear you've lost your job but, on the flip side, could you potentially extend your stay by a few weeks? If it's cash you're worried about, then don't be because in some ways the longer you go the less you spend (within reason). Less flights, spending longer in places, getting to know where is cheap etc all contribute to reducing your outlay and increasing the enjoyment of your stay.

In 11-12 weeks I reckon you could see all 4 of those countries very well without having to take a single flight. You will need more than you would for 5-6 weeks for sure but you also will not need twice as much!!

#3 Posted: 20/12/2011 - 04:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sample Vietnam motorbike itinerary ... By Deanidge on 6 Aug 2009 45 21315 13 Nov 2014
One month in Indonesia sample itinerary. ... By AshNav on 24 Mar 2013 1 1824 30 Mar 2013