Visas and border crossings forum

would like to confirm please?

• leeturnbull-

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2012

Hi Everyone, firstly a great thankyou because if it wasnt for this website EVERYTHING would be so much more difficult! :-)
    Me and my gf have been saving up for just over 2 years to go travelling for hopefully around 6 months, we are looking to go to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, after reading the visa section here we have decided rather than obtaining all our visas beforehand we will just obtain them all on arrival (except the Vietnamese which we believe will be best obtained in Bangkok)

I guess what i am wanting is confirmation that this will be ok to do without hassles? And actually be more hassle free that getting them beforehand! Any information will be great (oh and if it makes any difference i am british and she is american)

I have other queries but will post in the correct section.

Thankyou on helping us with our dream!

#1 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 19:43

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Hi,

Yes, cheaper and probably easier to do it all in SE Asia. Not sure where you're starting from, but if Thailand you'll get 30 days visa free when you land. If you need to stay longer than that you'd want to get a Thai visa before you leave. Bangkok is a fine place to get a Vietnam visa.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 01:00

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

Although it is relatively easy to obtain a visa for Vietnam in the Embassy in Bangkok,it's actually a lot quicker and cheaper to get it in Cambodia,either in Phnom Penh,or best-Sihanoukville

#3 Posted: 7/1/2012 - 20:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.