Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

VISA to China. NEW RULES??? PLEASE HELP

Posted by xan310 on 19/1/2012 at 09:04

I just found out by calling the Chinese embassy in the country I am visiting (Spain) that if I want to apply for a chinese visa here I either have to be a citizen of Spain or a legal resident. They told me if you're not a citizen or legal resident of the country where you are applying for a visa they would not accept the application, at least these are the rules in Spain. They told me the only way to apply is to send my passport back to my home country or legal residency and have someone apply for me there.
I was checking online and they apply the same rule in the United States.

Does anyone know if this rule is applied at the Chinese consulate in Thailand?

#1 xan310 has been a member since 10/1/2012. Posts: 14

Posted by KirstyB on 20/1/2012 at 01:24

This rule certainly hasn't applied to the Chinese embassy and consulates in Thailand in the past - I have got a couple of Chinese visas in Thailand, most recently in October when it wasn't a problem. It could be the case in some countries though - for example you can't get a Chinese visa at the embassy in Phnom Penh unless you are a Cambodian resident.

#2 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by lloyd123 on 6/2/2012 at 09:39

China Visa

#3 lloyd123 has been a member since 5/2/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.