Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam VOA - Port of Entry

• techuk

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2012

Hi

I am travelling to Vietnam at the end of March, flying from Gatwick to Hanoi , immediately followed by a connecting flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Min (less than 2 hour wait for connection).

I am in the process of applying for a Visa Invitation letter using Vietnam visa pro, my question is what Port of entry should I state?

I am guessing that I will not clear immigration until I reach Ho Chi Min, but will Vietnam airlines let me board Gatwick -> Hanoi?

I'm confused and considering applying for a full Visa via the embassy. Any advice would be very welcome!

Thanks

Tech-UK

#1 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 07:10

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

You have to check your flight carefully. If your plane just makes a stop in Hanoi and you can remain seated in the plane then HCMC will be your point of entry.

However, if you have to change planes, which seems likely if your first flight is strictly to Hanoi, and then you have to change planes you'll need to pass through immigration to go to domestic terminal. Then your point of entry would be Hanoi and you have to make sure that your VOA is for Hanoi.

Hope it helps

#2 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 23:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Double-Entry Visa (Vietnam) - Experience with port of entry/date ... By caseyprich on 30 Sep 2012 3 2238 30 Sep 2012
Vietnam Visa: Turning a Single Entry Into A Multiple Entry ... By ajay on 5 Aug 2009 1 5669 5 Aug 2009
Port to Port: Tioman to Redang - where to stop? ... By starfish on 2 Aug 2011 1 2733 13 Aug 2011