Visas and border crossings forum

Thai Visa

• ttsteve

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2011

I am a US citizen, flying into Vietnam (have my visa already) then traveling by land through Cambodia and eventually into Thailand. I will be in Thailand from June 12 until July 1. I understand that because I'm entering Thailand by land I am only getting 15 days.

Is there an Embassy in Cambodia that I can get a 30 day tourist visa? What type of visa will I need for this 18-19 day stay in Thailand?

#1 Posted: 2/5/2012 - 08:03

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

just a regular tourist visa for 1 month.
    available to get in phnom penh and Sihanoukville.

#2 Posted: 2/5/2012 - 08:08

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I thought tourist visas are for 2 months?
    Where is the consulate in Sihanoukville? The Embassy in Phnom Penh is quite a long way out of the centre not so far from the Russian market.

#3 Posted: 2/5/2012 - 10:32

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

TTSteve,
    I think all you need is an extension, however that will cost 1,900 Baht. This is what the US Embassy in Bangkok says:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/thai-visas-for-americans.html

#4 Posted: 3/5/2012 - 01:56

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Only place you can get a Thai tourist visa in Cambodia is the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh (takes two days). This would get you a 60-day entry. However it's probably more efficient in your case to just get the 15-day visa-exempt entry (by land) then go to the nearest Immigration office and get a 7-day extension for 1900 baht. Either that or fly cheap (AirAsia.com) from Phnom Penh to Bangkok then you'll get 30 days visa-exempt (by air).

#5 Posted: 5/5/2012 - 00:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.