Visas and border crossings forum

Sungai Kolok / Rantau Panjang border Money exchange

• FrenchArt

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

We will be crossing from Thailand into Malaysia at the Sungai Kolok / Rantau Panjang border crossing and will then need money for transport to Kota Bharu. Is there an ATM or money changer at the border, or do we need to bring some Malaysian money with us?
    Also, does anyone know if it is easy to change money in Kota Bahru?
    Thanks
    Art

#1 Posted: 6/5/2012 - 01:19

• Advertisement

• onewayticke-
    tphi

Click here to learn more about onewayticketphi
    Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2012
    Location United States

I just crossed this border and ended up exchanging money at the train station in Sungai Kolok. It's just the left after exiting the station. I wrote a blog post on my experience here. If you aren't taking the train, I'm sure a taxi can take you to a bank. Just ask

#2 Posted: 18/6/2012 - 04:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
bus from sungai kolok ... By locatellisilvi on 7 Sep 2009 2 4498 8 Sep 2009
Where to exchange money? ... By shazhippychild on 16 Jul 2009 5 9748 17 Jul 2009
Money exchange ... By kriskeogh on 24 Feb 2012 3 1159 24 Feb 2012
Money exchange (Dongs) in Chau Doc ... By BB on 30 Aug 2011 2 2580 1 Sep 2011
airport money exchange late at night ... By walkingtrees on 25 Jul 2010 3 2624 25 Jul 2010