Visas and border crossings forum

7 Weeks in Thailand which Visa

• guernseydan

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2010

Im planning on spending 7 weeks in Thailand

14th Aug until 30th Sep

Whats my best option?

do i just apply for a single entry tourist 60 day visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull if i post them my passport

i know its free if i fly in for 30 days but i would have to leave and fly back in to get a further 30days, so if i pay 25quid i should get a 60 day stamp before i leave the uk? Right?

cant find the info!

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 2/7/2012 - 15:56

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

Yes. Just apply for a 60-day tourist visa. Single-entry is fine if you don't plan to leave Thailand. The info is here:

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/4

According to the Thai Embassy website this is the website of the consul in Hull.
    http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

#2 Posted: 2/7/2012 - 20:50

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Yep, the Hull consulate is your baby http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com They do single/double/triple entry tourist visas so just plan how many times you want to re/enter Thailand. This will also clear the way with airlines requiring either a visa or proof of onward air ticket within 30 days (randomly enforced). Just a technicality, you will get a 60-day entry on arrival (not before you leave the UK) which can be extended 30 days at immigration for 1900 baht, but each entry expires if/when you leave (side-trip to Laos, Cambodia, etc.)

#3 Posted: 3/7/2012 - 00:50

• guernseydan

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2010

I wont be leaving so i need 60 so i will apply for a single entry from the Hull Consulate which costs 25quid,

i have 3 weeks till i leave so should have plenty of time!

thanks Guys

#4 Posted: 4/7/2012 - 13:17

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Like everyone said, get the 60 day single entry, I'll be doing that my next visit as I'm not sure how long I'll stay... maybe only 40 - but I want the flexibility.

#5 Posted: 4/7/2012 - 14:00

• apennstar

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have been talking to a few people about a similar situation and it seems a lot of people don't know you only get 15 days if you enter Thailand without a visa.

So if you leave Thailand before your visa and come back in via road make sure you have less than 15 days left.

#6 Posted: 5/7/2012 - 04:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.