Visas and border crossings forum

6 weeks Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia/ Thailand

• HollyN

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I will be traveling Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam from roughly 28th December for 6 weeks, we are flying from KL/Singapore to Hanoi then making our way on land in and out of Thailand/ Camboida/ Laos/ Vietnam..

Does anyone know what visas we will need?

We are only doing 2 or 3 locations in each place, then spending the last 2 weeks doing the Thailand Islands eventually getting to KL.

Ive read that we can get a visa for Laos and Camboida at border crossings? Is this correct? this part of our journey we will be doing by train/ bus

We will be fyling in to Hanoi from Bali, on a connecting flight at either Singapore/ KL.. can we get the Vietnam visa from either of these places?

Or, do we not need one with only having like 4 days or so in each place?

Thank you for any help

Holly

#1 Posted: 9/9/2012 - 06:32

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I suggest you do the VOA approval letter instead of a regular visa - it's just cheaper and easier. You show the letter to your airline, and pick up your visa at Hanoi Airport on arrival. Buy the letter from one of hundreds of outlets online in Vietnam such as this agent

#2 Posted: 9/9/2012 - 10:36

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

As per above reply get a pre-approved Vietnam visa through an online agent. This applies for arrivals by air not by land. Confirm that Cambodian and Laos visas are available on arrival by land or air. Bring US dollars to get the cheapest price and don't forget some extra photos. For Thailand most nationalities qualify for visa-exempt entry of 30 days by air but only 15 days if by land.

#3 Posted: 10/9/2012 - 05:33

• Keri0406Adam

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2012

Me and my partner are planning a similar trip for next month.

We are flying in to Bangkok and then out of Bangkok 7 weeks later so I know we need to both buy the £25 60 day visa before we leave but towards the end of our trip we intend to travel by land to Cambodia for a week (we have been told we can buy the visa on entry) then to Vietnam for a week (we have been told we need to buy the visas from the Vietnamese Embassy before we go) and then to Laos for a week (we have been told we can buy the visas on entry) and then back to Thailand to fly out of Bangkok within 15 days. We have been told that as long as we leave Thailand within 15 days of re-entry that we will not need another visa, is this accurate and does anyone know how much it will cost to re-enter Thailand from Laos as the lady I spoke to at the Thai Embassy said that although you don't need a visa there will be a fee and we are trying to find out if it is more cost effective to buy the double entry visa or just pay when we are there.

Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated, we have been trying to find this info on line but with no success! Apparently there is no Laos embassy to ask.

From Bangkok we are flying to Hong Kong for 3 weeks, will we need a visa for this trip too?

#4 Posted: 11/11/2012 - 17:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
4 weeks Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia ... By babiguling on 13 Apr 2010 5 6649 4 May 2010
Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and a bit of Thailand in 5 weeks ... By sven365 on 16 Jun 2010 1 3889 17 Jun 2010
7 Weeks Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia ... By AdamZee on 17 Apr 2010 5 4483 10 Sep 2012
12 Weeks Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam ... By alssolotour on 10 Aug 2009 2 4184 11 Aug 2009
6 Weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand ... By carzyyy on 13 Apr 2013 5 2315 14 Apr 2013
Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos in 4 weeks... ... By JourneymanTraveller on 4 Jul 2010 6 5223 27 Sep 2010
10 weeks for Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia ... By mlr on 3 Aug 2009 26 8457 18 Feb 2011
5 weeks - Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia ... By Lewis2312 on 23 May 2014 46 2010 11 Jun 2014
Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam in 7 weeks ... By Dankpc on 19 Nov 2013 11 1237 27 Nov 2013
5 Weeks Itinerary for Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia - Help?! ... By bootshike on 14 Jun 2012 12 4923 21 Feb 2013