Visas and border crossings forum

declaring medications etc at customs when arriving in Thailand

• savvyamber

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2007

Hi does anyone know if you are better off to declare prescription medications at customs when arriving in thailand and crossing borders etc - still unsure about that kinda stuff - also what about diet sugar pills (worried they could be mistaken for something else like drugs)

#1 Posted: 1/5/2007 - 20:18

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi sawyamber,

i'm afraid i can't say if you should declare prescription meds or not. i never did, but i don't carry many prescriptions either. i would definitely recommend that you have the standard prescription label on whatever meds you are carrying, including your name and your doctor's name as well as the description of the medication. if you can, you'd also do well to have a copy of the prescription itself to show customs officials and anyone else who may be interested. i hope that helps. cheers.

#2 Posted: 2/5/2007 - 05:17

• savvyamber

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2007

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have the prescriptions as chemist has kept them - but they have labels with my name on.
    Looks like I won't be declaring anything then.

Cheers =)

#3 Posted: 2/5/2007 - 08:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.