Return Flights

• BTone

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 23

Hey,

Just a quick question. I'm flying into Bangkok on Feb 3, but flying home from Hanoi in mid July. I've read a few times that you need a return flight to avoid trouble at the airport. Will the flight home from Hanoi suffice, or does it have to be from Bangkok? For the record, I'm Australian and I'm only going to spend 30 visa free days in Thailand.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Tom

#1 Posted: 1/11/2012 - 19:17

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

you are again confused as seem tipical for about ANY Ozzie-. I really cannot understand why this so-well travelled people have so much difficulty with this things.
    1.it is not RETURN flight-it never is. It is ONWARD flight-if it applies for. This includes return-yes.
    2.IF it applies-it has to be OUT of the country that wants to see it.
    3.specific for TH; it is ONLY if you do NOT have a prearranged visa (visa on arrival is NOT possible for OZzies anyway-thats for 2nd rate people like Indians etc.) and then it has to be OUT in the 30 days allotted period.
    4.THAI immi has so far -from reports on this and about any other forum- never asked to see it, but the AIRLINE you use to fly IN TH may-or may not. This also depends on WHERE you board- esp. -as there are apparently too many OZzies to lax with the law- at about any OZ airport flying direct into TH. You did NOT say where you baord the flight into TH.
    5.logic solution: its a choice of visa or flight out-even if you not use it. Smart asses know a cheap and mostly acceptable enough way to not pay for the flight and still have some proof for it.
    6. PS; pretty boring, this same subject tops the bill for about ANY list about Thai entry-as said before, I by now cannot understand why its so hard to get the facts clear in someones mindset.

#2 Posted: 5/11/2012 - 01:36

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

BTone....I'm american and have never been asked about it by anyone. Airline or immigration.
    Captainbkk... Why do you bother to answer questions like this as they seem to upset you?

#3 Posted: 5/11/2012 - 03:47

• BTone

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 23

In hindsight this was poorly worded.

Anyway - Captain BKK, thanks for your help. I managed to find the answer a couple of days ago after some proper research and didn't delete the post in the forum. I know it sounded like a dumb question, but I was studying for finals and stressed.

I've decided to get a tourist visa.

Neosho - Apparently it's commonly asked by airlines flying out of Australia (in particular Air Asia). Thanks for your help.

#4 Posted: 5/11/2012 - 05:43

• BTone

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 23

Oh, and it is rather difficult to find a definitive answer on the web. Many conflicting versions / accounts.

#5 Posted: 5/11/2012 - 05:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Visas and return or onward flights ... By lindahowson on 22 Aug 2014 3 403 24 Aug 2014