Visas and border crossings forum

ATM at Don Mueang Airport before immigration

• laurentiu

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2011

Does anybody know if there is an ATM before immigration at Don Mueang? I get VOA and I understand I have to show some cash proof. I am in India now and would not want to withdraw and exchange rupees and such. Thank you.

#1 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 01:03

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Lauren,

There certainly used to be ATMs at Don Mueang before the immigration checkpoint, and at least one staffed foreign exchange booth too, but I haven't flown into Don Mueang on an international flight since the new airport opened, so I don't know if those ATMs are still there or not.

Are you concerned about demonstrating that you have proof of sufficient funds for your visit? This is technically required, but I've never seen anyone asked for this unless they look like they just washed ashore. Usually even a bank statement and an ATM card would satisfy this requirement if asked.

Which country's passport are you using? Cheers.

#2 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 09:42

• laurentiu

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2011

Thank you @exacto. I have a Romanian passport which does not help much. I think I will get the cash and print my hotel bookings and onward tickets, just in case.

#3 Posted: 25/11/2012 - 11:37

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

fair enough. after you arrive, will you please be sure to let us know if there are ATMs or exchange booths before the customs and immigration checkpoint? there are not many international flights to don muang airport - only budget airlines and charter flights - but it would be nice to know if there are still ATMs in the arrivals area.

which airline are you flying?

#4 Posted: 25/11/2012 - 12:16

• laurentiu

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2011

AirAsia has a cheap flight from Chennai to Don Mueang. I will post here what I find in the arrivals terminal.

#5 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 11:06

• laurentiu

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Just to update this thread. There are no ATMs in the arrivals area at Don Mueang. I got the cash but the immigration officers did not ask to see it. They even helped me bypass the huge line of Indian passengers waiting.

#6 Posted: 1/1/2013 - 09:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
don mueang airport to ksr cost? ... By caymansplash on 15 Aug 2013 4 913 15 Aug 2013
Hotel near Don Mueang Airport ... By Babalugats on 17 Jan 2013 6 2002 19 Jan 2013
Connection time at Don Mueang Airport ... By mmoody on 15 Jan 2014 4 424 15 Jan 2014
Getting from Khao San Road to the Don Mueang Airport (DMK) ... By TheNewGuy8 on 12 Nov 2010 12 20527 15 Nov 2010
Air Asia transferring to Don Mueang Airport from Oct 2012 ... By busylizzy on 1 Aug 2012 2 1501 1 Aug 2012