Visas and border crossings forum

China visa on arrival

  • leopang

    Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012
    Posts: 6

    Just back from border city of Hekou(China) and Lao Cai(Vietnam)

    Confirm with China immigration that they do not issue visa on arrival all over China with the except at Hong Kong

    The visa for a 45 days multiple crossing applied strictly only to the local resident>Lao Cai(Vietnam) and Hekou(China) resident only.

    Immigration operating hours from 0800am to 2000 hours at this border crossing ,Hekou/Lao Cai>> note that also subject to time zone difference.

    The China immigration currently is under going renovation with temporary container office for daily use.

    White embarkment card in not required at Vietnam side.

    The China side need to fill up the simple card per entry and another card upon exit.

    Hekou and Lao Cai is separate by a short bridge(about 50 meter) within walking distance,not required to take any form of transportation

    #1 Posted: 16/12/2012 - 04:19

  • Advertisement

  • caseyprich

    Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Posts: 1281
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

    Confirmed? I could have confirmed that for you and saved you the trip to the border.

    (are you a robot?)

    #2 Posted: 16/12/2012 - 05:27

  • Fabian

    Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2013
    Posts: 3

    Maybe someone can answer this one:

    I am travelling through China.

    And I am using the last entry of my visa (I applied and got 2, but I went out to southeast asia countries, and then got back into China again).

    My flight home leaves from Beijing.

    I want to go to Hong Kong (I don't need a visa for HK).

    When in HK,

    do I need to apply for a new visa for China to go back to Beijing, or my visa is still valid?

    Have I "burned out" my last entrance when I got into HK, or I am "still in China itself" somehow?

    This thing of HK has me puzzled...

    Thanks if anyone know the ansewer.


    #3 Posted: 4/2/2013 - 06:23

  • MWasser6

    Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2012
    Posts: 19

    It used to be the case that you wouldn't be allowed back on your two entry visa. Recently, however, there have been changes to the visa policy allowing foreigners (from certain countries) en route somewhere else to have up to 72 hours in the country without a visa to facilitate business and what not. So you may be able to take advantage of this if you are only go to fly out and already have a ticket, but just do some due diligence.

    #4 Posted: 4/2/2013 - 07:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Visa on arrival in Lao from China ... By biene on 2 Dec 2008 2 2923 6 Dec 2008
Quick advice needed: Visa on arrival, Laos to China ... By Lamar on 5 Mar 2008 13 9195 18 Oct 2012