Visas and border crossings forum

$147.29 for a 60 day thai vissa, that requires shipping??? confused...

  • holydinahor-

    Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2012
    Location Canada
    Posts: 7

    i need to get a 60 day thailand visitor visa.
    im filling out the forms on when i reach a shipping section.... what is being shipped?
    i have a new zealand work e-visa. does thailand not have this e-visa option?
    also, the travelfish tells me it will cost around 30 bucks, the application form is asking for $147.29?

    please help if you have any info...

    #1 Posted: 18/12/2012 - 23:18

  • Advertisement

  • DLuek

    TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 1106
    Total reviews: 14

    I don't really understand what you're asking in terms of the 'work e-visa' but, yes, Thai single entry tourist visas cost around US $30. Get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate nearest you (google 'Thai embassy - and the location').

    If you can't visit them in person to apply for the visa (usually takes 2 to 4 days to process depending on where you go), you can normally mail them your passport and paperwork and get the visa that way.

    There is no 'e-visa' for Thailand though, so you can't apply through some website and have a visa awaiting when you arrive as you can for Vietnam. I assume that visahq website is a private visa service that will get you the visa (you'll still have to mail them your passport) for a hefty surcharge.

    #2 Posted: 19/12/2012 - 02:04

  • Captain_Bob

    Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand
    Posts: 1787

    That website is for a private outfit that charges a hefty fee for visa services (Embassy fee $40, Service fee $94.95, HST $12.34, Total $147.29!!!)

    Better to contact your nearest Thai embassy or consulate directly. The embassy in Ottawa charges $40 for a single-entry tourist visa.

    #3 Posted: 20/12/2012 - 00:43

  • Xircal

    Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2012
    Posts: 95

    To get a 60 tourist visa, download the application form from here:

    This link provides info pertaining to the documents you're required to submit:

    I believe the fee has gone up to $45 though.

    #4 Posted: 25/12/2012 - 11:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Still confused about Thai Visa ... By chris123 on 23 Apr 2007 4 2305 4 May 2007
Thai visa - confused ... By Kez on 4 May 2011 5 2257 5 May 2011
Confused as to which Thai Visa to apply for? ... By chicoelnino on 16 Apr 2013 3 1685 18 Apr 2013