Visas and border crossings forum

60day Thailand Visa from Laos

• OliveOyle826

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2012

I hope someone can give me some advice...

I will arrive in Thailand on Jan. 10th. I have a yoga training in Thailand from Feb. 8th until April 9th and don't have a 60 day visa for my school. I need a total of 90, at least, in Thailand. I have discovered I can go to Vientiane Laos and obtain a 60day from the Thai Embassy. Does this service really take one day?
    I'm wondering when should i go to Vientiane and get my visa??? Does the 60day visa start when I receive it in Laos? Or immediately when I enter back into Thailand?
    Can I go to Laos first and apply for my 60 day and request when the 60days start and receive a 15 day when I go back into the country in order to make it down to south Thailand before my school?
    Or do i need to go to Laos immediately before I enter back in Thailand for my school.

I'm also not sure how I can fit Angkor Wat in.

One more question, is it easy to get to Vientiane from Siem Reap. Any good VIP busses or should i just go back into Thailand.

Thanks so much fellow travelers!

#1 Posted: 6/1/2013 - 20:21

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Here's a story on how to get a Thai tourist visa in Vientiane . Yes it is a next day service.

Your other questions:
    When you arrive in Thailand by air (depending on your nationality) you will be given 30-day visa free stay. So I would do that and then towards the very end go to Vientiane and get a tourist visa (which is good for two months). The visa starts running out from the day you enter Thailand -- not the day it is issued.

You don't say where the school is so difficult to say when you should do the islands etc, but the above will effectively give you close to 90 days in country.

Hope that helps.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2013 - 21:44

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

re VTE->SR:
    choice of via Laos=takes longer, overnite to Pakse, then the daily Khmer bus and change somewhere in Camb. Can do in 24 hrs-with good luck plus bus 2 still has seats
    Much more choice going via TH-but DO then exactly check visa-as ANY exit will invalid your precious visa gained in VTE-so thats quite stupid. Overnite bus from NonghKhai to BKK-by the dozen, then from same BKK monster busstatn bus to border=Aran, read talesofasia.com for border, then bus to SR. can do in around 20-22 hrs, with no fear of ''full''ness.
    When coming back into TH overland, you just get a 15-day visa exempt stamp.
    DO use thaivisa.com for visa-asking: much more informed and know the tricks. You seem rather naive uninformed in that respect. Basically a visa is a one way entry into some country for the time specified.

#3 Posted: 21/1/2013 - 01:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Didn't apply for 60day tourist visa in time- what to do? (travelling on Jan12th) ... By noworries on 3 Jan 2012 11 3499 9 Jan 2012