Visas and border crossings forum

Entering Vietnam with no departure flight.

• Donman1990

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2012

I'm flying into Vietnam from Australia and I'm still unsure about entry requirements. I know in some cases you need proof of departure to be allowed to even board your flight. I haven't planned on buying my return flight until later in my trip as I will be travelling for roughly 6 months, so at this stage I'll be leaving Vietnam by bus. I'm planing on obtaining a 3 month multiple entry Visa or will soon, is that all that I need to be allowed in? I already did contact the Vietnam Embassy in Australia but it didn't really clear it up for me. I was also wondering if anyone had advice on whether it would be smarter to just get a 3 month single entry Visa and if I chose to enter back into Vietnam get a Shorter Visa from the country I will be in, or to get the Multiple entry one from the start?

Sorry if this is all a bit messy, I'm just really looking for advice from Australians who have done similar things before or anyone really.

Cheers.

#1 Posted: 7/1/2013 - 01:20

• Advertisement

• nufan32

Joined Travelfish
    24th November, 2012

Don't worry I flew in from canada with no departure date. You'll either get Single entry 30 day or multi entry. That's all that matters. On my visa on arrival I just put departure date around 30 days from entry. No problems.

#2 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 10:13

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Officials at Vietnamese Embassies are known to give false info about visa costs, so other info is in question too. I've been there 5 times, and never been asked to show any proof on onward travel. I use the VOA Approval Letter, and I have the Form on Arrival all prepared - last time on Nov 30th, I breezed through and had my visa in minutes. They've really speeded up the processing at Hanoi Airport - thought I had landed in another country!

#3 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 12:38

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

i'm from canada myself, toronto, looking to go to vietnam for a motor-bike tour.

i'm looking to go for more than a month, so will need to get like a 60 day or 90 day visa, guess it is best to just purchase the visa here in toronto, if possible? what's tghe cheapest and most efficient way, purchase online or...?

thanks

#4 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 15:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.