Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

border runs by land

Posted by mic59 on 1/2/2013 at 19:29

I am going to be entering Thailand on 9/9/2013 and will leave on 25/11/2013, 77 days. I was intending to do border runs both as a requirement but also because they are part of travelling I have not done before. I know that I can only get another 15 days if I arrive by land. Is there a limit on how many times can I do these runs to extend my stay? I come from Australia so I will get 30 days at first.

#1 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by Captain_Bob on 2/2/2013 at 09:19

There's no limit on the number of visa-exempt re-entries, but if you intend to stay that long it makes sense to get a tourist visa which will get you 60 days and can be extended at immigration 30 days more without leaving the country. Tourist visas are obtained at Thai embassies and consulates around the world, so either in Australia or maybe shoot over to Laos/Cambodia/Malaysia.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,824

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.