Visas and border crossings forum

Battambang to Bangkok

• denzil71

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2012

has anyone done this recently? Most info I can find regarding this seems to be at least 2 years out of date. The travel section for Battambang does suggest that there is an aircon bus to Bangkok daily but leaves at midday. I already have a Visa (2nd entry of a 2 entry visa) so that part isn't a problem.

any info would be appreciated - thanks

#1 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 19:24

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I did not personally do it - but a number of people at the Royal Hotel had booked a bus through them for pickup at the hotel. Sadly I can't comment on the experience. If you are in Battambang, I'd suggest stopping by or just asking at your hotel.

#2 Posted: 10/3/2013 - 20:43

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

There are at least 3 Cambodian buses picking up passengers in Battambang on route from Phnom Penh to Poipet.Some take you straight to the border others leave you in town so you might need a motodop at 2000 real to get you to immigration. Cross over and get a tuk-tuk or motorbike 60 baht to the bus station at Aran where buses go every hour to Moichit, Bangkok.
    Estimate 2 hours to Poipet, 1 hour immigration and travel to bus station, 3 hours to Moichit.
    I very much doubt that there is a Thai or Cambodian bus that goes directly from point to point but things do change rapidly. I'd be interested to know if you no longer have to change buses at the border

#3 Posted: 11/3/2013 - 03:54

• TravelBandit

Click here to learn more about TravelBandit
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2013
    Location South Africa

I did this back in 2006, so I guess that's too long ago to be of any help. But for what it's worth, we got on the Phnom Penh-Bangkok bus in Battambang at about midday - not a minibus, a large "proper" bus. We were dropped at the border (Poipet), did the Cambodia exit and Thailand entry bits on foot (it's only a couple of hundred metres, quite easy to walk it) then had to wait just beyond the Thai border post for a Thai mini bus which took us to Bangkok. It was all one ticket and quite well organized.

#4 Posted: 27/5/2013 - 01:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.