Visas and border crossings forum

Another Laos visa question

• steveandles-
    ley

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 14

Hi

I know that I have to obtain a visa if I want to travel across the border from Cambodia into Laos, But,,, If I go by air from PP to ventienne can I get a visa on arrival at Ventienne airport, or any other Laos airport?

regards

Steve

#1 Posted: 14/6/2007 - 20:30

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Steve,

Yes visa-on-arrival is available at Vientiane's airport. Also at Luang Prabang and apparently at pakse as well.

#2 Posted: 15/6/2007 - 13:52

• steveandles-
    ley

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 14

Thanks Somtam

I think we have eventually settled on flying from Seim Reap to Pakse, so its great that we can get a visa on arrival there.(rather than waste time getting one from the embassy in PP). It has been a bit of a struggle sorting out our itenary but I am sure it will be worth it. We actually start our year out tour in two weeks. (cant wait !!!).
    Thanks for your imput so far, and im sure we will be making the most of this site whilst we are on the S.E.A. part of our trip.

#3 Posted: 16/6/2007 - 15:48

• indravarman

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2007

Hi Steve,

Visa on arrival at Pakse airport takes about 10 minutes if arriving from Siem Reap. I've flown this route January in 2006 and 2007 and the plane takes 64? passengers but was not full. If full, count on 20 minutes. But it's really simple and the immigration officials are very helpful and polite. It's an amazing flight, great scenery, although the plane is smallish and I would be inclined to think twice about boarding if there was a storm.

#4 Posted: 8/7/2007 - 20:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai Visa Run to Laos - New Question ... By spicytraveler on 10 Jan 2011 9 3254 12 Feb 2011