Visas and border crossings forum

Will I have any trouble?

• UnMonk

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2013

My situation is a little odd.

I will be arriving in Singapore on a military flight.
    I will then travel through malaysia (on train) to Thailand.

Spend some time on Ko Tao, and then bangkok, and then train back to singapore to wait for the next military flight.
    (Will also be in korea and japan, but they are used to military travel)
    I know you are "supposed" to have proof of travel, but with military flights, that is impossible.

Will I have any trouble with border crossings, or do you think I should be fine since they dont check all that often for proof of travel?

*** Also: I have Hydrocodone that I take for pain. Is that something I can bring with me? Is the prescription on the bottle with a valid photo ID enough to get past immigration?

#1 Posted: 4/5/2013 - 23:03

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

I personally was never asked for proof of onward travel(wasn't in Malaysia or Singapore though). The little that I have seen on people having issues with these cases is with their air carrier flying them into a country not when they are already there.

#2 Posted: 4/5/2013 - 23:55

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"think I should be fine since they dont check all that often for proof of travel?"

Thai Immigration don't normally ask for any proof of onward travel. Unless you are on Interpol's Most Wanted list you will pass without issue.

#3 Posted: 5/5/2013 - 03:17

• Spring090

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2013

I just got back from a trip in Southeast Asia, in which I entered Thailand three times, twice by air and once by land, and I was never asked for proof of onward travel. I do believe that you technically need it, but I don't think that's enforced. If you happen to go to Indonesia, however, you'll want proof of onward travel. My airline insisted on seeing it before letting me on the plane.

#4 Posted: 20/5/2013 - 02:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.