Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Will I have any trouble?

Posted by UnMonk on 4/5/2013 at 23:03

My situation is a little odd.

I will be arriving in Singapore on a military flight.
I will then travel through malaysia (on train) to Thailand.

Spend some time on Ko Tao, and then bangkok, and then train back to singapore to wait for the next military flight.
(Will also be in korea and japan, but they are used to military travel)
I know you are "supposed" to have proof of travel, but with military flights, that is impossible.

Will I have any trouble with border crossings, or do you think I should be fine since they dont check all that often for proof of travel?

*** Also: I have Hydrocodone that I take for pain. Is that something I can bring with me? Is the prescription on the bottle with a valid photo ID enough to get past immigration?

#1 UnMonk has been a member since 4/5/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by Geer1 on 4/5/2013 at 23:55

I personally was never asked for proof of onward travel(wasn't in Malaysia or Singapore though). The little that I have seen on people having issues with these cases is with their air carrier flying them into a country not when they are already there.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/5/2013 at 03:17

"think I should be fine since they dont check all that often for proof of travel?"

Thai Immigration don't normally ask for any proof of onward travel. Unless you are on Interpol's Most Wanted list you will pass without issue.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Posted by Spring090 on 20/5/2013 at 02:07

I just got back from a trip in Southeast Asia, in which I entered Thailand three times, twice by air and once by land, and I was never asked for proof of onward travel. I do believe that you technically need it, but I don't think that's enforced. If you happen to go to Indonesia, however, you'll want proof of onward travel. My airline insisted on seeing it before letting me on the plane.

#4 Spring090 has been a member since 20/5/2013. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.